The Gulf Information Technology Exhibition (GITEX), the leading trade fair dedicated to information and communication technologies in the United Arab Emirates, is taking place in Dubai from the 17th to the 21st of October.
ALBA Robot is excited to be present at GITEX 2021, introducing its two innovative projects: a personal augmented mobility vehicle integrated with Amazon Alexa and SEDIA - SEat Designed for Interactive Arts, designed by Granstudio and Gebrüder Thonet Vienna.
The two prototypes embody ALBA Robot's idea of making traditional wheelchairs smart, aiming to improve the way people with reduced mobility move and to strengthen their independence, thanks to voice assistants, robotics and IoT.
SEDIA and the self-driving vehicle represent an encounter between technology and the user's need for independence, guaranteeing greater autonomy to anyone who needs to be autonomous in environments such as airports, hospitals, museums or shopping malls.
Our personal augmented mobility vehicle aims to support the independence of people with reduced mobility.
The integration of the best technologies, such as autonomous driving and Amazon Alexa voice assistant, lets us transform personal electric vehicles into intelligent ones improving users everyday life.
SEDIA is an innovative seat that makes moving in museums more comfortable, while offering a complete and unhindered enjoyment of the artistic heritage to customers.
Its minimal and elegant design blends with any museum interior: Granstudio’s design meets with Gebrüder Thonet Vienna’s accurate choice of materials.
SEDIA is a mobile chair for those who have difficulty standing for prolonged periods and at the same time it’s a perfect museum guide, helping to create an immersive experience of autonomous mobility.
"We’re working to create a new personal mobility, starting from taking care of those who move more slowly, both for people with disabilities and for able-bodied people", says Andrea Bertaia, CEO and Co-founder of ALBA Robot.
"We want to launch a message that goes beyond the common way of thinking, making it clear that technology is first and foremost freedom".
We want to thank Etisalat for having us and giving us this amazing opportunity, and all of our partners for their support in this journey: Moschini, Teoresi, I3P, STMicroelectronics, OTIS, Torino Wireless, R.Zenti, Presidio Sanitario San Camillo, Torino City Lab.
Click here to watch our video!
- Gitex, il più longevo raduno tech del Medioriente, Sky tg24
- ALBA Robot al GITEX di Dubai con due progetti, Tech Princess
- The startup from Turin ALBA Robot at the GITEX event in Dubai, Torino Tech Map
- IoT, voice assistant e robotica per servizi intelligenti di mobilità personale, Internet4Things
- I prototipi per la mobilità personale di Alba Robot in mostra alla Gulf Information Technology Exhibition Technology Week di Dubai, Industria italiana
- La carrozzina a guida autonoma A.L.B.A. sbarca alla fiera della tecnologia GITEX di Dubai, Presidio Sanitario San Camillo
- GITEX 2021: è terminato a Dubai il più importante evento dedicato alla tecnologia, VNews24
- ALBA Robot al GITEX 2021 con due progetti, Sanità Digitale
- IoT, voice assistant e robotica per servizi intelligenti di mobilità personale, Digital Adrenalin
- Una startup di Torino realizza il primo veicolo personale a mobilità aumentata integrato con Amazon Alexa, Quotidiano Piemontese